Sony Xperia 1 Specification
- Up to 11 hours
- 12 MP
- Screen Size
- 6.5" in
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Up to 11 hours
- Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating IP65/68 - Dust and water proof up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes
- Internal memory 64GB
- Colour BLACK
- Operating System Android
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Weight (grams) 180
- Memory card slot MicroSD up to 512GB
- Processor 1.8 GHz Octa-core
- Chipset Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855
- Screen type OLED
- Screen size 6.5"
- Screen resolution 1644 x 3840
- Type OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 6.5 inches, 98.6 cm2 (~82.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1644 x 3840 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~643 ppi density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Dimensions 167 x 72 x 8.2 mm
- Selfie Camera 12 Megapixels
- Camera Flash LED
- Camera Megapixels 12
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 26, 28, 29, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 66
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat19 1600/150 Mbps
- Announced 2019, February 25
- Status Available. Released 2019, May 30
- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Weight 178 g (6.28 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- CPU Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU Adreno 640
- Card slot microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot) - dual SIM model only
- Internal 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Single 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1/4", 1.12µm
- Features LED flash, panorama, HDR, eye tracking
- Video [email protected]/30fps HDR, [email protected], [email protected] (5-axis gyro-EIS), [email protected]
- Triple 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, predictive Dual Pixel PDAF, 5-axis OIS 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4", 1.0µm, predictive PDAF, 2x optical zoom, 5-axis OIS 12 MP, f/2.4, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/3.4", 1.0µm
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack No
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB On-The-Go
- Sensors Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Charging Fast charging 18W USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Colors Black, Gray, Purple, White
- Models J8110, J8170, J9110, J9150
- Price $ 649.09 / £ 518.97 / € 595.40
- Performance AnTuTu: 356734 (v7), 418206 (v8) GeekBench: 10985 (v4.4), 2753 (v5.1) GFXBench: 33fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal)
- Camera Photo / Video
- Audio quality Noise -93.6dB / Crosstalk -85.2dB
- Battery life Endurance rating 79h
Sony Xperia 1 Deals
When it comes to brand names then Sony is one of the most recognisable brands in the entire world. They are well known for making audio-visual equipment such as televisions and home cinema surround systems. They have been bringing that know-how to the displays on their mobile devices for quite a while now and the Xperia 1 is one of their latest devices.
Their phones have a firm emphasis on entertainment and they bring some of that great display technology to their smartphones. The Sony Xperia 1 has a 6.5-inch display with an OLED capacitive touchscreen. It displays in UHD resolution and also features HDR technology which means that your media is going to look fantastic no matter what it is that you are watching. We have searched through all of the reviews and deals that are on offer across all the different networks so that we can bring you the best deals on the market.
Sony Xperia 1 Contract Offers
Getting a new handset can be tricky, though the most common way is to get a pay monthly deal. This allows you to get a great new handset by paying a fixed price each month. This also makes it much easier for you to budget when you compare to having a pay-as-you-go deal. A monthly deal includes a certain number of minutes, texts and data for you to use each month. Most monthly contract deals that you can get include unlimited texts and many of the deals also include unlimited voice minutes as well. It is normally the amount of data that is included in your contract that determines the price you pay.
When you are looking at your unlimited minutes then you should be aware that not all types of calls are included. Calls to premium-rate numbers and some types of international calls are not going to be covered in your monthly allowance therefore you should always check before you make a call. This will mean that you are not going to get a nasty bill at the end of the month. Your network provider will often provide you with an itemized bill each month. This will detail the cost of every call you made during the month and makes it easier for you to manage your account.
Sony Xperia 1 Big Data Deals
The most important part of your bill is the amount of mobile data that gets included with your account. Mobile data is used by your smartphone whenever you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network. This means that if you spend a lot of time at home connected to your mobile broadband or in a place that has a free Wi-Fi hotspot then you are likely to only need a small amount of data each month. However, you need to be aware that the more apps you have on your phone then the more data you will use.
Some apps use data continuously in the background, though this is only a small amount of data. If you regularly use apps that do things such as stream video, download games or make video calls then you will use a much larger amount of data. This means that you will need to manage your account well. If you reach your data allowance, then your phone will not stop working. What you will find though is that you can be charged extra for the extra data that you use. Modern smartphones give you a couple of tools that help you manage your data and this includes getting your phone to alert you when you are close to your limit and you can even get it to disable your mobile data when you reach your limit.
Sony Xperia 1 Cheapest Deals
Shopping around for the cheapest deal for you has its pitfalls. When looking at deals then don’t just look at the price. Many of the cheapest deals only include a very limited amount of data such as 500Mb or 1Gb and this makes you much more likely to go over your limit and incur extra charges. What you should do is decide how much data you need, such as 25Gb, and then shop around for the cheapest deal that gives you at least that amount of data. Then you will find the best deal for you. If you are looking to save a bit more money on your monthly bill, then you should look at the handset that you have. A portion of your monthly bill will go to cover the cost of your handset.
This means that if you choose a cheaper handset then you can reduce the cost of your bill. Some deals will also include an amount of cashback. You can then use this money to offset the cost of your monthly bill. Some cashback deals are completely automatic which is great as it means you don’t have to do anything to get your money back. Other deals require you to make a claim. If this is the case, then your network provider will send you all the details that you need to make your claim and you will just need to remember to follow them to get your money.
Sony Xperia 1 Sim Free Deals
A SIM-Free handset is a great option if you are thinking about getting a new handset as it leaves you free to get exactly the handset that you want and you can upgrade it at any time as well. You can then pair it with whatever SIM deal that you want and change your contract as and when you need it. The drawback of a SIM-Free handset is that you need to pay for the cost of it in one lump sum. If you are going for the latest top of the range handset then you might well need in excess of a thousand pounds to get it.
The Sony Xperia 1 is aimed at a more budget-minded consumer then you will find that you don’t need nearly that amount of money which is great. Networks will often give you an incentive for buying a handset such as a free gift. This can in the form of a tablet, a games console, or maybe even a prepaid credit card. Sometimes you will get free access to subscription services as well. These can be things like Apple Music, BT Sport, or subscription apps such as Calm for mindfulness and meditation.