Sony Xperia 5 Specification
- Up to 28 hours
- 12 MP
- Screen Size
- 6.1" in
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Up to 28 hours
- Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating IP65/68 - Dust and water proof up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes
- Internal memory 128GB
- Operating System Android
- Colour GREY
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Memory card slot MicroSD up to 1TB
- Processor 2.84 GHz Octa-core & 2.42 GHz Octa-core & 1.8 GHz Octa-core
- Chipset Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855
- Weight (grams) 164
- Screen type OLED
- Screen size 6.1"
- Screen resolution 1644 x 3840
- Type OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 6.1 inches, 86.9 cm2 (~80.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~449 ppi density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Dimensions 158 x 68 x 8.2 mm
- Selfie Camera 8 Megapixels
- Camera Flash LED
- Camera Megapixels 12
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 66
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat19 1600/150 Mbps
- Status Available. Released 2019, October 05
- Announced 2019, September 05
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Weight 164 g (5.78 oz)
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- CPU Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU Adreno 640
- Card slot microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal 128GB 6GB RAM
- Single 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1/4", 1.12µm
- Features LED flash, panorama, HDR, eye tracking
- Video [email protected]/30fps HDR, [email protected], [email protected] (5-axis gyro-EIS)
- Triple 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, predictive Dual Pixel PDAF, 5-axis OIS 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4", 1.0µm, predictive PDAF, 2x optical zoom, 5-axis OIS 12 MP, f/2.4, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/3.4", 1.0µm
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack No
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB On-The-Go
- Sensors Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Charging Fast charging 18W USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Colors Blue, Red, Black, Grey
- Models J8210, J8270, J9210
- Price $ 648.80 / £ 467.14 / € 684.99
- Performance AnTuTu: 334809 (v7), 416601 (v8) GeekBench: 10941 (v4.4), 2825 (v5.1) GFXBench: 33fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal)
- Audio quality Noise -93.0dB / Crosstalk -89.4dB
- Battery life Endurance rating 96h
Sony Xperia 5 Deals
When it comes to technology then there are a number of big giants out there making devices and Sony is one of the biggest brands in the business. Whilst they are particularly well known for their displays and audio-visual equipment including televisions and surround systems they have been producing quality mobile devices for a number of years and the Sony Xperia 5 is one of their latest and best. Everything that Sony has learned about making displays they have transferred into their mobile displays.
This means that on the Sony Xperia 5 you get a great OLED capacitive touchscreen that is 6.1-inches in size. A number of features from the Bravia line of televisions have been incorporated such as HDR and UltraHD displays. This means that watching media on this device is a wonderful experience as it looks great. We have checked out all of the reviews and deals available on all the networks so that we can bring you only the best deals around.
Sony Xperia 5 Contract Offers
When buying a handset, the most common way to get one is to sign up for a pay monthly contract offer. This is a deal that gets you your handset and includes several texts, voice minutes and an amount of data each month. The great thing about a pay monthly deal is that your price is fixed each month unlike with a pay-as-you-go deal. Many of the contracts these days include unlimited texts, and many of them also have unlimited voice minutes.
The main thing that determines the price of your contract is the amount of data included in your deal. When you are examining your unlimited minutes then it is important to know that not every type of call is covered by this. If you make a call such as to a premium rate number, or to an international destination then you are likely to have to pay separately for this, so it is important to check before you call so you don’t get a large bill at the end of each month. Most networks will also give you an itemized bill every month that breaks down the cost of every call you made. This makes it easier for you to plan your budget.
Sony Xperia 5 Big Data Deals
Data is the most important part of your contract and you get a certain amount of mobile data included in your contract each month. Once you have used your mobile data then your phone won’t stop working but you may get charged extra for the data that you use. Your smartphone will use mobile data anytime that it is not connected to a Wi-Fi network. This means that if you spend most of your time in a place that has a Wi-Fi connection such as your home or at an office that has Wi-Fi then you are not likely to need much of a data allowance.
Though you need to be aware that the more apps you have you on your phone the more data you will use as some apps even use data in the background. This is so that they can send you important notifications or keep themselves updated. If you do a lot of video streaming, download games, or make video calls, then this is likely to use large chunks of mobile data, therefore, it is always best to do these sorts of things when you have a Wi-Fi connection. Modern smartphones have settings that let you set an alert when you are getting close to your mobile data limit, that way you can stay on top of your data and ensure you don’t get a nasty surprise when the bill comes.
Sony Xperia 5 Cheapest Deals
When looking for the cheapest deal around then it is important to know that the lowest advertised price may not necessarily cost you the least. This is because often they only include a small amount of data such as 1Gb and you will rack up huge charges going over this amount. Therefore, you should determine how much data you need, such as 25Gb per month and then find the best deal that gives you at least that amount of data. This will give you the best deal. If you are looking for another way to reduce the cost of your monthly bill, then you should look at the handset that you have.
A percentage of your monthly bill will go to cover the cost of the handset. Therefore, if you go for a cheaper device then you will save more money on your bill each month. Another way to save money is to look for a cashback deal. This means that you can discount the amount of cash back from your monthly cost. Some cashback deals are automatic. This means that you don’t need to do anything in order to get your money. Other deals require you to make a claim. If this is the case for you then your network provider will send you the details, you need to claim your cashback.
Sony Xperia 5 Sim Free Deals
An alternative to a pay monthly deal to get your handset is to go for a SIM-Free deal. This means that you are buying the handset outright before you start. This leaves you free to upgrade it at any time and you can also get any mobile deal that you want. The only drawback is that you need the money to pay for the device upfront. If you are going for one of the latest handsets, then this means that you could need in excess of a thousand pounds.
The Sony Xperia 5, despite being a newer handset is aimed at the more budget-minded consumer so you should be able to get it cheaply. Some networks will include a free gift with their handset, this could be a set of earbuds, a games console or maybe even a tablet device. Occasionally they include access to subscription services this could be access to BT Sports, Apple TV+ or Spotify. This means you get a really great deal.