Google Pixel 3A XL Specification
- Up to 39 hours
- 12 MP
- Screen Size
- 6.0" in
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Internal memory 64GB
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Up to 39 hours
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating Not rated
- Operating System Android
- Colour BLACK
- Weight (grams) 167
- Memory card slot None
- Processor 1.7 GHz Octa-core
- Chipset Qualcomm SDM670 Snapdragon 670
- Dimensions 160.1 x 76.1 x 8.2 mm
- Type OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 6.0 inches, 92.9 cm2 (~76.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection Asahi Dragontrail Glass
- Screen resolution 1080 x 2160
- Screen size 6.0"
- Screen type OLED
- Camera Megapixels 12
- Camera Flash Dual-LED
- Selfie Camera 8 Megapixels
- Technology GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 66, 71
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat11 600/75 Mbps
- Announced 2019, May 07
- Status Available. Released 2019, May 15
- Weight 167 g (5.89 oz)
- Build Glass front (Asahi Dragontrail), plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM Nano-SIM, eSIM
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- CPU Octa-core (2x2.0 GHz 360 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU Adreno 615
- Card slot No
- Internal 64GB 4GB RAM
- Single 12.2 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- Features Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Charging Fast charging 18W USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Colors Just Black, Clearly White, Purple-ish
- Models G020C, G020G, G020F
- Price $ 261.60 / £ 349.00 / € 329.00
- Performance AnTuTu: 159110 (v7), 176612 (v8) GeekBench: 5176 (v4.4), 1307 (v5.1) GFXBench: 11fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display Contrast ratio: infinite
- Audio quality Noise -90.8dB / Crosstalk -94.8dB
- Battery life Endurance rating 98h
Google Pixel 3a XL Deals
If you are looking for a new Android-based handset in the Google Pixel 3A XL is worth a look. Google might not be the first name you think about when it comes to making mobile phones, but the Pixel range has enjoyed a stunning amount of success, and they are now on their fourth or fifth generation. Google has the advantage of owning several crucial pieces of software used in apps, and therefore it’s natural that they should branch out into making handsets.
If you would like to know more about what the Google handset can do then have a look at our comprehensive review where we detailed all the critical information and make it easy to compare with other handsets. Once you have decided which handset you are after it is simply a matter of finding a network provider or mobile phone retailer to fulfil the contract side. Again to make it easy for you, we have compared all of the network providers and mobile phone retailers and comprehensively reviewed their services so you can see which is the best fit for you.
Google Pixel 3a XL Contract Offers
A pay monthly mobile phone contract is the easiest way to get yourself a new phone, and the most common way in the UK. You will find that there is a massive selection on offer and it can be easy to get overwhelmed and confused when it comes to working out, which is the best package for you. Generally, mobile phone deals are broken down into three key elements. Your talk time and text allowance tend to be lumped together, and the data is a separate element.
These allowances are what determines the price of your contract, so providing you stick within them you will only ever pay the figure shown. Problems can occur if you go over any of the allowances, thankfully with talk time and text unlimited deals are popular. The only calls that wouldn’t be covered would be those made to premium rate phone numbers, and the same with texts. You will also find that the network providers offer other carrots to try and win your business; these are designed to bring down the price of the contract or offer you something extra. One popular way to reduce the cost of the contract is cashback. This is not a physical cash reward as in you cannot use it for anything else, but once applied to your account you get a higher rated monthly package for a lower price.
Google Pixel 3a XL Big Data Deals
If anything is going to catch out a customer, it will be the data allowance. So, if you’ve never had to determine data requirements before it can be hard to know where to pitch it. Basically, we use data when we do not have a Wi-Fi connection, so if your phone is using 4G or 5G, you will be using data.
You also need to be aware that some apps have data running in the background all the time now if you’re on Wi-Fi this has no impact on your allowance, but as soon as you step outside the door, things like location services will be using data. It won’t be much, but you need to know it’s happening and it is possible to turn off data on individual apps unless you are connected to Wi-Fi. When you’re using your phone, it is things like sending and receiving emails, streaming movies, using certain apps and accessing the Internet that begins to eat through your data allowance. Going over the allowance will again cost you more money and come as a nasty surprise when your bill arrives.
Google Pixel 3a XL Cheapest Deals
So when it comes to getting the cheapest deal, you need to avoid a false economy, by purchasing what you actually need rather than something that seems to offer a money-saving. If you buy a pay monthly contract that does not have enough data you are just going to end up paying top-up charges every single month which in the long run will cost more than a slightly more expensive contract from the start but had to data you needed. You will also find big day today it was on offer for people who need access to 4G or 5G on a regular basis, and these are specifically large data for a reasonable price.
There are also unlimited data deals, but these will be more expensive; however, you cannot physically go over an allowance as there isn’t one. So before you start looking for the cheapest deal, make sure you are in the right category of data. That said you will still find a myriad of different deals from different providers. One of the critical things to check is their coverage maps as you will want to have a good signal in your home, at work, and other places you visit regularly. Well most providers offer comprehensive coverage of nearly the whole of the UK there are still differences, and it is worth checking.
Google Pixel 3a XL Sim Free Deals
The Google Pixel 3a XL is a larger 6-inch handset which appeals to those who like to play online games and stream movies. Another way to get your hands on one of these phones is to purchase it on a Sim free basis. This means that you are getting just the handset and no Sim card, so will need a Sim card from somewhere else.
If you are a pay-as-you-go customer who would prefer not to be on contract, then this is probably the best way to get a new phone. Some customers are midway through their contract but dislike their handset so need a different one, and in this case, it will need to be on the same network. Purchasing a Sim free handset is more expensive because you have to pay the full cost upfront and there is no monthly payment option.