- Best sellers
- Monthly cost
- Total cost
Only show 5G deals
Show only handsets
Apple iPhone 8 Plus Specification
- Up to 21 hours
- 12 MP
- Screen Size
- 5.5" in
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Internal memory 64GB
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Up to 21 hours
- Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating IP67 - Dust and water resistant
- Operating System Apple iOS
- Colour GREY
- Weight (grams) 202
- Memory card slot None
- Processor Hexa-core
- Chipset Apple A11 Bionic
- Dimensions 158.4 x 78.1 x 7.5 mm
- Type Retina IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~67.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Protection Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Screen resolution 1920 x 1080
- Screen size 5.5"
- Screen type Retina HD display
- Camera Megapixels 12
- Camera Flash Quad-LED
- Selfie Camera 7 Megapixels
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- Announced 2017, September 12
- Status Available. Released 2017, September 22
- Weight 202 g (7.13 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame
- SIM Nano-SIM
- OS iOS 11, upgradable to iOS 13.5
- CPU Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)
- GPU Apple GPU (three-core graphics)
- Card slot No
- Internal 64GB 3GB RAM, 256GB 3GB RAM
- Features Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Video [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps
- Single 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
- Dual 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), PDAF, OIS 12 MP, f/2.8, 57mm (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack No
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Sensors Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Charging Fast charging 15W, 50% in 30 min (advertised) USB Power Delivery 2.0 Qi wireless charging
- Talk time Up to 21 h (3G)
- Music play Up to 60 h
- Colors Gold, Space Gray, Silver, Red
- Models A1864, A1897, A1898
- SAR 1.19 W/kg (head) 1.19 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU 0.99 W/kg (head) 0.99 W/kg (body)
- Price ? 52,990 / $ 369.19 / £ 519.00 / € 789.00
- Performance GeekBench: 10037 (v4.4)
- Display Contrast ratio: 1395:1 (nominal), 3.957 (sunlight)
- Camera Photo / Video
- Audio quality Noise -93.5dB / Crosstalk -80.2dB
- Battery life Endurance rating 81h
iPhone 8 Plus Deals
One of the things we love about Apple is the fact that they make handsets that are built to last. Their latest flagship model will always be expensive and may be out of reach for some people, however, if you are prepared to wait a few years you can get your hands on an older handset for a really reasonable price. That is the case with the iPhone 8 Plus which has been around for a few years now and is still a capable smartphone with many features and many more years of use.
The iPhone 8 was the first series to feature wireless charging, and it is still based on the iconic design with a large bezel and central home button, which also houses fingerprint recognition. Wireless charging is a really popular feature and one that hasn’t been around for too long, so it is a perfect demonstration of how future proof these handsets are. There are many deals to be had that make the iPhone 8 Plus affordable to all, so have a look at the reviews of the various network providers and the handset itself and let us help you decide who to sign up with to receive your new iPhone 8 Plus deal.
iPhone 8 Plus Contract Offers
The majority of users who purchase a new mobile phone do so with a pay monthly contract included, as this is considered the most affordable way and also enables you to have a fixed monthly tariff, so you know exactly how much money you are spending. Of course, the proviso here is that you need to have a contract that provides you with the allowances you need, because if you do go over any allowances you have agreed to you will be charged extra, and therefore your bill will not be predictable. Generally, the three components you need to look out for are the amount of talk time, text, and data.
It is quite normal to find contracts that offer unlimited talk time and texts as this is the cheaper element of a contract. However, in some cases, there are caps on the amount of minutes talk time and the number of text you may send within a calendar month. If this is the case, then you need to be sure that you have enough to satisfy your needs. You will also find that there are extra charges for calls to premium rate phone numbers or texts such as data retrieval services, competition entry, and charitable donations.
iPhone 8 Plus Big Data Deals
Generally speaking now it is not the talk time or text that cause issues for a customer; it is the data allowance. Not having enough data allowance can soon rack up extra charges as this is one of the most expensive parts of having a contract mobile phone. If you exceed your data allowance, your phone keeps working, but you immediately start being charged at a higher rate than what you would pay on an inclusive contract.
Data is used every time you are using a 4G signal so mainly when you’re not connected to Wi-Fi, out and about, and using such services as sending and retrieving emails, apps, and accessing the Internet including streaming services. Some services are much more demanding on data than others so if you intend to use your mobile as a primary Internet source you want to be sure to get a big data deal when you sign up for a new handset. There are many substantial data deals on offer, and some providers even offer unlimited data, but of course, this is going to be more expensive, so it’s only worth it if you cannot find something suitable in your data allowance range.
iPhone 8 Plus Cheapest Deals
Many people who get a contract deal for the first time are concerned about being tied into a monthly payment, so opt for the cheapest deal they can find. Due to the issues described above, this can actually be a seriously false economy. If you exceed any of your allowances, your talk time, tax, or data, you will start racking up charges.
So if you have not bought enough of an allowance with your pay monthly deal, you are always going to end up spending more than you wanted and it is more expensive as a pay-as-you-go type top-up than having a more substantial contract in the first place. It is better to compare deals with the amount of data you actually need, and you will still find that there are a vast array of bargains to be had. You can often save money by paying towards the cost of the handset, or you will notice that some network providers offer cashback which brings the monthly price down on a deal that is actually worth more.
iPhone 8 Plus Sim Free Deals
Of course, the other way to have a new mobile phone is to purchase the handset outright in what is called a Sim free deal, and then you are free to use any Sim package that you like. For some people, this is because they already have a payment for the contract and just fancy changing the handset, for other people it is because they are happy on pay-as-you-go.
The iPhone 8 Plus is a cracking handset and is one of the first phones from Apple to feature wireless charging making it an appealing option for moving forward. Of course with a Sim free deal, you need to pay the whole handset cost upfront, but again the network providers are competing for your business and will offer various carrots to try and be the one you choose. Sometimes these come in the range of free gifts such as a games console, headphones, a wearable, or a gift card. These gifts and more are also available on the pay monthly deals, and with them, you can also benefit from things like streaming services which are provided free for part or all of the duration of your contract.
iPhone 8 Plus FAQs
How much is the iPhone 8 Plus?
iPhone 8 Plus - 64GB is £579
iPhone 8 Plus - 128GB (New) is £629
iPhone 8 Plus - 256GB is £619 (refurbished)
Is the iPhone 8 Plus waterproof?
The Apple iPhone 8 Plus has a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear.
How big is the iPhone 8 Plus?
The iPhone 8 Plus has a display of 5.5 inches and a Height: 158.4 mm Width: 78.1 mm Depth: 7.5 mm and Weight: 202 grams.
How to reset iPhone 8 Plus?
To force restart (hard reset) the iPhone 8:
Press and release the Volume Up button, press and release the Volume Down button, and press and hold the Side button until your device reboots, then release. All three button presses should be done in relatively quick succession.
When did the iPhone 8 Plus come out?
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus feature glass bodies that enable wireless charging, faster A11 processors, upgraded cameras, and True Tone displays. Launched on September 22, 2017.