Apple iPhone 8 deals
Compare the best iPhone 8 mobile phone deals. Choose from the latest iPhone 8 contracts and SIM free offers
Choose your Apple iPhone 8Cancel
Apple iPhone 8 Specification
- Up to 14 hours
- 12 MP
- Screen Size
- 4.7" in
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Internal memory 64GB
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Up to 14 hours
- Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating IP67 - Dust and water resistant
- Operating System Apple iOS
- Colour GREY
- Weight (grams) 148
- Memory card slot None
- Processor Hexa-core
- Chipset Apple A11 Bionic
- Dimensions 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm
- Screen resolution 1334 x 750
- Screen size 4.7"
- Screen type Retina HD display
- Type Retina IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 4.7 inches, 60.9 cm2 (~65.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)
- Protection Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Camera Megapixels 12
- Camera Flash Quad-LED
- Selfie Camera 7 Megapixels
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- Announced 2017, September 12
- Status Available. Released 2017, September 22
- Weight 148 g (5.22 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame
- SIM Nano-SIM
- OS iOS 11, upgradable to iOS 13.5
- CPU Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)
- GPU Apple GPU (three-core graphics)
- Card slot No
- Internal 64GB 2GB RAM, 256GB 2GB RAM
- Single 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), PDAF, OIS
- Features Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Video [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack No
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Sensors Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Charging Fast charging 15W, 50% in 30 min (advertised) USB Power Delivery 2.0 Qi wireless charging
- Talk time Up to 14 h (3G)
- Music play Up to 40 h
- Colors Silver, Space Gray, Gold, Red
- Models A1863, A1905, A1906
- SAR 1.32 W/kg (head) 1.36 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU 1.19 W/kg (head) 1.17 W/kg (body)
- Price ? 38,999 / $ 258.99 / £ 266.95 / € 283.98
- Performance AnTuTu: 237594 (v7) GeekBench: 10214 (v4.4) GFXBench: 20fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display Contrast ratio: 1395:1 (nominal), 3.957 (sunlight)
- Camera Photo / Video
- Audio quality Noise -93.5dB / Crosstalk -80.4dB
- Battery life Endurance rating 66h
iPhone 8 Deals
When you are looking to find the best deals on the iPhone 8 you can be bewildered by the range of deals that are on offer. Apple phones are still the most highly sought after due to the popularity of the brand. Which means that even a phone that was released a few years ago can fetch a premium. This is because these are well designed and iconic of the brand. The design hasn’t varied too much in its classic incarnation and this is perhaps one of the best examples of it. This phone features the classic home button in the bottom centre of the screen.
This alongside the great chunky frame means you will get a phone that will last for a long time. You don’t get the sort of infinity display that you do in the more modern phones, but you do a great quality retina IPS screen. This is a great phone if you want to get started with iOS and the Apple eco-system. The newer handsets might well be out of your budget, but this phone is only a few years old and that means you can get it for a great budget price. We have some of the best reviews from a range of different network providers so that you can find a deal that really works for you.
iPhone 8 Contract Offers
Getting a handset with a pay monthly contract is one of the most popular ways to get yourself a new handset. This offers the benefit of a fixed monthly price on your contract which makes it far easier to budget than with pay-as-you-go. When you sign up for a monthly deal you will need to decide on what features you need from your deal. This can be a fixed number of voice call minutes, several texts or an amount of data. Most of the deals that you will find include unlimited texts and many of them also have unlimited voice call minutes.
It is generally the amount of data that determines the price you pay, particularly on more expensive contracts. You just need to be aware that with your unlimited voice calls there are certain calls that are not included as part of the deal. These are normally calls to premium-rate numbers. So, it is always best to make sure that the number you want to call is included in your deal before you make that call so that you don’t get a huge bill at the end of the month. The network provider makes it easy to track this as they give you an itemized bill, so you can see exactly what each call costs you.
iPhone 8 Big Data Deals
When it comes to the determining factor one your phone bill then it is normally data. This can potentially cause confusion for people and it is worth understanding. A data deal on your phone gives you an amount of mobile data that you can use each month. Mobile data is used whenever you don’t have a connection to Wi-Fi. When you reach the limit of mobile data on your allowance then your phone won’t stop working, you will just be charged more for the data that you use so it is important that you get enough data to last you.
Modern smartphones like the iPhone 8 will let you set a warning that tells you when you get close to your data limit and then you can get your phone to turn mobile data off when you hit your limit. It is important to understand that the more apps you have on your phone the more data you will use. Many apps use data in the background to stay updated and to check for messages and notifications, so anytime you are not connected to Wi-Fi you will be slowly using some mobile data. If you start using your phone to stream movies or download new games for your phone whilst you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you will soon find that you use your mobile data very quickly. If you spend most of your time at home, or where there is a Wi-Fi signal then you might well find that you only need a small data allowance each month.
iPhone 8 Cheapest Deals
When you are trying to find the cheapest deal for yourself you should be aware that the one with the lowest price might not be the cheapest for you. If you only get a small amount of data each month and you regularly go over your limit you might find that getting a more expensive deal with a bigger data allowance it ends up costing your less on a monthly basis. This means that you need to work out exactly how much data you will use. So if you are going to need, say 20Gb of data each month then you can shop around to find the best deal with that data allowance that works for you.
There are also other ways you can save on your monthly bill. A portion of your bill goes to cover the cost of the handset you have, so if you don’t decide to go for the iPhone 8 then you might be able to get a different handset and reduce your monthly bill. Some deals will also offer you cashback which can be included in the calculation of the cost of the phone and make it cheaper to you. Some of the cashback deals are automatic which means you don’t need to do anything to get your money back, otherwise, you will be sent details on how to claim your cashback.
iPhone 8 Sim Free Deals
Another way to get a great deal on an iPhone 8 is to get a SIM-free deal. This means that you are buying the handset and then you can get any sim that you want to go with it. When looking at SIM-free handsets then you should be aware that some of the newest and best handsets can cost well over a thousand pounds.
This can be a lot to find upfront as you don’t generally get an offer to pay monthly for this. However, the older the handset then the cheaper you will find a SIM-Free deal for it. This means that the iPhone 8 can be a great deal for you. The networks like to make sure that they offer the best deals on their SIM-Free handsets. These often come with some great extras and/or free gifts. The networks sometimes bundle tablets or game consoles with their handsets, or many include access to services such as BT Sports, Apple Music or Netflix.