Samsung Galaxy A40 Specification
- Up to 18 hours
- 16 MP
- Screen Size
- 5.9" in
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Internal memory 64GB
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Up to 18 hours
- Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating IP68 - Dust and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Operating System Android
- Colour PINK
- Weight (grams) 140
- Memory card slot MicroSD up to 512GB
- Processor 1.8 Quad Core & 1.6 Quad Core
- Chipset Exynos 7885
- Dimensions 144.4 x 69.2 x 7.9 mm
- Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 5.9 inches, 85.5 cm2 (~85.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~437 ppi density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Screen resolution 1080 x 2340
- Screen size 5.9"
- Screen type AMOLED
- Camera Megapixels 16
- Camera Flash LED
- Selfie Camera 25 Megapixels
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40, 41
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps
- Announced 2019, March 19
- Status Available. Released 2019, April
- Weight 140 g (4.94 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie)
- CPU Octa-core (2x1.77 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.59 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU Mali-G71 MP2
- Card slot microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal 64GB 4GB RAM
- Features LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video [email protected]
- Single 25 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/2.8", 0.9µm
- Dual 16 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), PDAF 5 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- Loudspeaker Yes
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio FM radio
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Charging Fast charging 15W
- Colors Black, White, Blue, Coral
- Models SM-A405F, SM-A405FN, SM-A405FM
- SAR EU 0.49 W/kg (head) 1.34 W/kg (body)
- Price $ 226.99 / £ 180.00 / € 209.95
- Performance AnTuTu: 106388 (v7) GeekBench: 4112 (v4.4) GFXBench: 4.6fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display Contrast ratio: infinite
- Camera Photo / Video
- Audio quality Noise -91.0dB / Crosstalk -85.9dB
- Battery life Endurance rating 73h
Samsung Galaxy A40 Deals
A mobile phone has almost become a staple, must-have piece of equipment these days. With so many on the market, it can be mind-blowing trying to decide what it is you need, and what you can afford. Thankfully the range is so good that there really is something for everyone no matter what you intend to use your mobile phone for. Mid-range handsets were designed for people who do not have a massive desire to take advantage of smartphone features, but who enjoy having the ability to be able to access the Internet on the go.
Samsung is one of the biggest mobile manufacturers in the world, and they have a vast array of handsets pitched at all levels. The A40 is an excellent looking budget range handset that has a beautiful 5.9-inch infinity screen and a plastic back and casing. The fact it is made by Samsung means you know you are getting quality, and although it does not have all of the features that they bring out in their flagship phones, it is undoubtedly a practical, robust, well-performing phone that will suit many users. To find out more about the phone, have a look at our comprehensive review and then move on to the range of deals we have found.
Samsung Galaxy A40 Contract Offers
Contracts come in all shapes and sizes, and all prices. If you are only looking to spend £20 or £30 a month, or perhaps less there is still plenty of choice for you. Whatever type of contract you or after, you need to consider three features. A pay monthly contract is made up of talk time, texts, and data. You can opt to cap these at certain levels or pay more for unlimited versions. When it comes to texting and talk time, you will actually find you can get an unlimited allowance for about the same sort of price.
This is because it is not an expensive feature for the network providers to deliver. Generally, the only thing that isn’t included in any contract allowance in this area is premium rate phone numbers. This applies to calls and texting, and use of those numbers will result in charges being applied to your bill above and beyond your contract. As long as you’re aware of this, you can make a choice about whether to use them or not.
Samsung Galaxy A40 Big Data Deal
Data tends to be where the expense comes in, and she will find that most data deals are offered at specific levels. So you need to be able to work out how many gigabytes of data are you are likely to use in a month. The sensible plan is to then pitch slightly above so that if you have an unusual month and end up using more, you are still covered. Big data deals we designed for heavy users, and may not be relevant to everyone. However, for some people, they will be a lifesaver.
Data is used any time your phone is accessing the Internet and displaying a 4G or 5G signal. When you’re connected to Wi-Fi, you are not using any of your data allowance. Most apps, emails, and Internet services such as streaming, use data in varying amounts. So if you spend a lot of time out and about and like to stream movies or television to pass the time and you will need more data than if you are almost always connected to Wi-Fi and only send and receive emails when you’re out.
Samsung Galaxy A40 Cheapest Deals
So when it comes to finding the cheapest deal, you need to take into account your data allowance, talk time and texts. For each handset, you will see very cheap deals, but if they do not cover your usage plans, there is no point as it is a false economy. Any charges for going above and beyond your allowances are at a premium rate, as a form of punishment for not sticking to your agreement. So this means you can end up paying significantly more than you thought you would spend each month.
It is better to take a pay monthly deal that offers slightly more than you actually need and you will be unlikely to go over your limits. Mobile phone providers are working hard to try and be flexible, and some will now that you carry forward any unused data from one month to the next. Some will also let you change your contract and alter the amounts of data you have from month-to-month. But there is still a lot that will lock you down into the agreed deal for the duration of the contract which can be anything from 12 months to 3 years. The good news is she will also be able to take advantage of things like cashback, and other incentives to create the best deal possible.
Samsung Galaxy A40 Sim Free Deals
Another way to get your hands on this handset, is to purchase it as a Sim free deal. This does mean you need to get a Sim card from somewhere; otherwise, the phone won’t work. For customers who are happy on a pay-as-you-go contract, this is the best way to update their handset and get something new. It is also a good option if you have broken your phone and do not have insurance to get it repaired, or if you just fancy a change of handset when you are midway through a contract period.
There are lots of gifts offered by the networks on both pay monthly and Sim free. You might well find you are offered a free games console, meaning you can take a slightly more expensive contract and enjoy not having to purchase your gaming device. There is a wide range of free gifts on offer, and obviously, they change from time to time so be sure to check out who is offering what before you make your decision.