Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Specification
- Info unavailable
- 64 MP
- Screen Size
- 6.2" in
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Internal memory 128GB
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Info unavailable
- Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE, apt-X
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating IP68 - Dust and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Operating System Android
- Colour GREY
- Weight (grams) 164
- Memory card slot MicroSDXC
- Processor Octa-core
- Chipset Exynos 990
- Dimensions 152 x 68 x 7.9 mm
- Type Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 6.2 inches, 93.8 cm2 (~89.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~563 ppi density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Screen resolution 1440 x 3200
- Screen size 6.2"
- Screen type AMOLED
- Camera Megapixels 64
- Camera Flash LED flash
- Selfie Camera 10 Megapixels
- Technology GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71 - SM-G981U
- 5G bands 2, 5, 41, 66, 71 SA/NSA/Sub6 - SM-G981U
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (7CA) Cat20 2000/200 Mbps; 5G (5+ Gbps DL)
- Announced 2020, February 11
- Status Available. Released 2020, March 06
- Weight 163 g (5.75 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- OS Android 10, One UI 2
- CPU Octa-core (2x2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2x2.50 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) - GlobalOcta-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585) - USA
- GPU Mali-G77 MP11 - GlobalAdreno 650 - USA
- Card slot microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal 128GB 12GB RAM
- Triple 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.76", 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS 64 MP, f/2.0, 29mm (telephoto), 1/1.72", 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 1.1x optical zoom, 3x hybrid zoom 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1.4µm, Super Steady video
- Features LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Dual 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.2", 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack No
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio FM radio (Snapdragon model only; market/operator dependent)
- USB 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Charging Fast charging 25W USB Power Delivery 3.0 Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Colors Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink, Cloud White, Aura Red
- Models SM-G981, SM-G981F, SM-G981F/DS, SM-G981B/DS, SM-G981U, SM-G981U1, SM-G981N
- SAR 1.07 W/kg (head) 1.03 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU 0.38 W/kg (head) 1.52 W/kg (body)
- Price $ 789.99 / £ 799.99 / € 802.97
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Deals
The way we access the Internet from our mobiles without Wi-Fi is changing. 5G is being installed across the country and is live in some places. It will take some time for the whole country to be covered, but when it is, you will require a 5G enabled handset to access the network.
When you upgrade your handset, it is worth considering this new technology and making sure you choose a phone with a 5G modem. It is no surprise that Samsung has several 5G offerings on the market, including one from the new flagship range the S20. If you prefer not to upgrade to a 5G handset at this time, the 4G network will still be available and work with your current phone or any new handset that is not yet 5G enabled.
The Samsung S20 range are premium level phones packed with technology offering so much to the user. This handset features a 6.2-inch infinity screen with a tiny front-facing camera housing that gives it an incredible look. It is a glass front and back offering with an aluminium frame and features a triple camera array on the rear. Given the size and build it will be popular with online gamers, and those who like to stream movies and television from their handset. To learn even more about this phone have a look at our comprehensive review where you will be able to compare it with other models and see what best suits your needs.
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Contract Offers
The easiest way for you to purchase the new S20 5G from Samsung is to find a pay monthly deal. Given that this is one of the high-end premium flagship ranges, the contracts will be slightly more expensive than on a lesser handset; however, it is certainly worth the effort. It is already proving massively popular and flying off the shelves.
Thankfully the mobile phone industry is highly competitive, so you are going to find a range of different prices on offer all you have to do is find one that suits you best. This can be tricky if you do not understand how phone contracts are put together, which is why we are here to help. You will be shopping around in order to get the best deal, but it will be well worth the time you spend. There are a few factors that go into the mix when it comes to the price you offered, one of these is the talk time and text allowance for the month.
You can either select something that has a set amount of minutes and texts, or you can go for an unlimited deal which has no restrictions. This tends to be affordable, and not much more expensive than those deals that have a cap. With an unlimited deal, you are not in any danger of exceeding your allowance, making it a less concerning issue.
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Big Data Deals
Next, you need to understand how data works, as already mentioned, this is how we access the Internet when there is no Wi-Fi available. If you are purchasing a 5G enabled handset, you will also need a compatible 5G data deal, but you will be offered this by the network provider. The amount of data you need to purchase depends on how you use your handset. If you spend most of your time connected to Wi-Fi, your data requirement is not going to be high. If you use your phone as a source of the Internet all the time and do not have Wi-Fi, you will need something more substantial.
You won’t find many deals that do not offer any data, as most handsets automatically run processes that contact the Internet so even if you just pop out for half an hour your phone will use a small amount of data. Big data deals are naturally designed for customers who have large data requirements, and although they are slightly more expensive than packages with lower data allowances, they will serve you better.
The same applies if you go over your data allowance, you will pay a premium rate for the extra used, which can lead to a shock at the end of the month. It is better to ensure you have more than enough data to cover an average month, so if something untoward happens, you are still within your allowance. There are some contracts that offer unlimited data, but these will tend to be more expensive, but for some users, it is the way to go.
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Cheapest Deals
Finding the best deal, and the cheapest deal for you is a specific thing. It will not be the same for everyone, and the cheapest Figgy you see on the screen might well not be appropriate for the way you use your handset. Only look at deals that have enough data to see you through the month. There are some companies who will allow you to carry forward any and use data to the next month but in general the allowance just recess and starts fresh every calendar month.
In order to get a good deal, you can also check out the incentives that each network provider offers. Many companies include free gifts in the form of headphones, wireless chargers and other accessories. Some give things like consoles and tablets to sweeten the deal, and others use things like pre-loaded single-use master cards so you can have a treat of your choosing.
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Sim Free Deals
Alternatively, you could purchase your new handset on a Sim free deal. This simply means you buy the phone with no pay monthly contract or Sim card included. Of course in order for a handset to work it needs a Sim card so you will need one from somewhere else. Some customers are happy on pay-as-you-go, and this is how they upgrade their handset. Remember you will pay the full retail value for the phone, but it is worth shopping around as different retailers have different deals in much the same way as the pay monthly contracts.