Samsung Galaxy A80 Specification
- Up to 30 hours
- 48 MP
- Screen Size
- 6.7" in
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Internal memory 128GB
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Up to 30 hours
- Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating Not rated
- Operating System Android
- Colour GOLD
- Weight (grams) 220
- Memory card slot None
- Processor 2.2 GHz Dual-core & 1.6 GHz Hexa-core
- Chipset Snapdragon 730
- Dimensions 165.2 x 76.5 x 9.3 mm
- Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~85.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 ppi density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Screen resolution 1080 x 2400
- Screen size 6.7"
- Screen type AMOLED
- Camera Megapixels 48
- Camera Flash LED
- Selfie Camera 8 Megapixels
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat11 600/75 Mbps
- Announced 2019, April 10
- Status Available. Released 2019, May
- Weight 220 g (7.76 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10, One UI 2.0
- CPU Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU Adreno 618
- Card slot No
- Internal 128GB 8GB RAM
- Triple 48 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0", 1.12µm TOF 3D, f/1.2, (depth)
- Features LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@480fps
- Loudspeaker Yes
- 3.5mm jack No
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio FM radio
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Charging Fast charging 25W
- Colors Angel Gold, Ghost White, Phantom Black
- Models SM-A805F, SM-A8050
- SAR 0.30 W/kg (head) 0.71 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU 0.22 W/kg (head) 1.43 W/kg (body)
- Price ? 34,965 / $ 356.80 / £ 348.00 / € 429.98
- Performance AnTuTu: 207502 (v7) GeekBench: 6934 (v4.4) GFXBench: 14fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal)
- Camera Photo / Video
- Battery life Endurance rating 90h
Samsung Galaxy A80 Deals
The way we use our phones varies greatly, depending on our lifestyle and needs. With this in mind phone manufacturers have worked hard to offer a comprehensive range of phones right across do uses needs. Some people like to have the latest high-end flagship phone, one of us are looking for something more practical, at a lesser cost. The Samsung Galaxy A80 is a mid-range handset that is packed packed with Samsung technology and offers a robust performance at a price you will be happy with.
There are certainly a lot of deals to be had for this phone, and it is extremely popular with many different users. It features a stunning infinity screen, and measuring at 6.7 inches sits nicely in the most popular size range. Users are now enjoying streaming movies and playing video games on their phone, and it helps when the size of the screen is slightly more substantial than usual. If you want to learn more about this handset and what it has to offer, take a look at our comprehensive review. All you have to do then is choose from a wide range of deals to find the contract that suits you best.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Contract Offers
A contract deal is perhaps the most straightforward way to own a new phone, and it is proven to be more cost-effective than pay-as-you-go for most users. Your deal gives you a monthly premium, so you know how much you will be spending, providing you do not go over your allowances. The allowances are made up of three parts, your talk time, texts and data. Most commonly now the talk time and texts are unlimited, which means you’re not going to go over a limit.
However, if you don’t use your phone very often, you can get plenty of deals that are capped at specified rates, and this will reduce your monthly premium somewhat. You do need to be aware that should you happen to go over any of your allowances, you will be charged for the calls at a more expensive rate as you are technically in breach of your contract terms. Premium rate numbers and text lines are generally not included in any contract, so you have to pay for these at their rate. Of course, this can be quite expensive so you might want to avoid using them. Premium rate text lines tend to be things like competition entry or charitable donation.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Big Data Deals
When it comes to data, you need to be careful as this is generally sold on an allowance basis, and it is where a lot of people fall down. Data is used when you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network, so you need to consider how often this is the case. If you drive to and from work every day and are always connected to either your home or office Wi-Fi, you may not need a substantial data allowance.
However, if you do not have a Wi-Fi connection at work that you’re allowed to use or spend a lot of time out and about you may rely more heavily on the 4G and 5G network, and this is where your data comes into play. Big data deals were explicitly designed for people in the latter category, creating a substantial data allowance at an affordable price. Some network providers even offer unlimited data, but this does have an upward impact on the pay monthly premium. Most handsets will use a small amount of data routinely for things like checking for new email, but often you can go into settings and turn this off.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Cheapest Deals
As you might expect, the cheapest deals tend to be those that have little to no data. So, if you have a more substantial data need, it would be a false economy to choose one of those. When you go over a data allowance, your handset keeps working, but you start racking up substantial charges at a premium rate. It is, therefore, better to work out what you are likely to use in a month and start looking for deals with that amount of data on offer.
Some network providers allow you to change your data allocation during the course of the contract, but generally, it’s a fixed thing. Other providers offer a data rollover service, so if you do not use all of it one month you can carry it forward to the next month. Generally speaking now it is better to ensure that you have enough data to cover your needs each month and I’m not in any danger of accruing extra charges. To entice you to take their deal, the network providers and phone retailers also offer other incentives, and he may be able to trade off a slightly more expensive contract because you are getting something else in return.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Sim Free Deals
These tend to be things like gifts and can come in the form of access to streaming services such as Spotify or Amazon Prime video. You may also find you are offered physical rewards such as a games console, a tablet, headphones, or a wireless charger. BT tends to provide a preloaded MasterCard, which is single-use and gives you a certain amount of money to spend anywhere you like. The good news is most of these options are available if you choose to purchase a Sim free deal.
In this case, you are just buying the handset with no Sim card or contract attached. It does mean you do not get offered streaming services, but you will still get offered the physical gifts. When you purchase a handset Sim free, you pay the full market value upfront, and for the phone to work, you will need to source a Sim card from somewhere else. Customers who are happy on a pay-as-you-go or those mid-contract looking for a change of handset often find a Sim free deal to their advantage.