Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Specification
- Up to 24 hours
- 12 MP
- Screen Size
- 6.2" in
- Cellular support 2G 3G 4G
- Maximum Talk-time Up to 24 hours
- Bluetooth 5.0 with LE, ANT+
- GPS A-GPS, GLONASS and Beidou
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Weatherproofing / IP Rating IP68 - Dust and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Internal memory 64GB
- Colour BLUE
- SIM Type Nano SIM
- Operating System Android
- Weight (grams) 173
- Memory card slot MicroSD up to 256GB
- Processor 2.35 GHz Quad-core & 1.9 GHz Quad-core
- Chipset Exynos 8995 Octa
- Screen type Super AMOLED
- Screen size 6.2"
- Screen resolution 2960 x 1440
- Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 6.2 inches, 98.3 cm2 (~84.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~529 ppi density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Dimensions 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm
- Selfie Camera 8 Megapixels
- Camera Flash Dual-LED
- Camera Megapixels 12
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20, 28
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
- Announced 2017, March 29
- Status Available. Released 2017, April
- Weight 173 g (6.10 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- OS Android 7.0 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie), One U
- CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) - EMEAOcta-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - USA & China
- GPU Mali-G71 MP20 - EMEAAdreno 540 - USA & China
- Card slot microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot) - dual SIM model only
- Internal 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Single 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- Features LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], HDR, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS, OIS
- Dual 8 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/3.6", 1.22µm, AF 2 MP (dedicated iris scanner camera)
- Loudspeaker Yes
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Charging Fast charging 15W Quick Charge 2.0 Qi/PMA wireless charging - market dependent
- Colors Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold, Rose Pink
- Models SM-G955F, SM-G955FD, SM-G955W, SM-G955A, SM-G955P, SM-G955T, SM-G955V, SM-G955R4, SM-G955U, SM-G955S, SM-G955K, SM-G955L, SM-G955, SM-G955U1, SM-G955N, SM-G9550, SC-03J, G955F
- SAR 0.67 W/kg (head) 0.97 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU 0.27 W/kg (head) 1.00 W/kg (body)
- Price $ 209.75 / £ 329.00 / € 438.25
- Performance GeekBench: 6754 (v4.4) GFXBench: 13fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal), 4.658(sunlight)
- Camera Photo / Video
- Audio quality Noise -92.2dB / Crosstalk -93.3dB
- Battery life Endurance rating 88h
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Deals
Samsung is one of the biggest mobile phone manufacturers in the world, and they have a vast range of handsets on offer. They cater to the needs of every user, whether they are interested in high-end flagships or prefer a budget range phone. The S series is one of their flagship ranges, and the Galaxy S8 was released in 2017. This means that the prices on the monthly contract have come down, making this a stellar bargain for someone looking to try a Samsung handset that does not want to spend the amount of money required on the latest offerings.
It can be upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie making this bang up-to-date and capable of performing alongside many newer handsets from other manufacturers. It is still one of the best selling Samsung handsets, and many network providers are offering stunning deals for a price that won’t upset your bank balance. In order to select the best deal for you, we have worked hard to provide a comprehensive review of every single handset so you will be able to compare the Galaxy S8 with many others to make sure it is the phone for you. We also review the network providers and mobile phone retailers and gather together as many deals as we can so you can find everything in one place and get your new phone delivered as soon as possible.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Contract Offers
Contract offers are the most popular way to own a new mobile phone, as the cost of some of the most modern smartphones runs into hundreds and people just simply can’t afford to buy them outright. It makes sense to get a contract as you are basically giving access to the phone at very little to no cost and can enjoy all the benefits of the deal as well. Picking the deal is an important part of taking out a new contract as you need to make sure you have something that suits your lifestyle. Generally mobile phone contracts are made up of three parts, are you or talk time, your texts and your data.
Going over any allowances that you choose to put in place will see you paying extra fees each month which defeats the object of finding the best price. It is better to make sure you have a large allowance that you are in no danger of exceeding so that your bill remains a fixed price for the duration of the contract. Generally, it is easy to get deals with unlimited talk time and texts so you won’t have to worry about that. You need to remember that premium rate calls and texts are charged as extra on every contract, and these are things like competition entry, charity collection, and other high rate calls to non-standard landlines.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Big Data Deals
For most people unlimited data would be excessive, although it is available, it is more expensive. So, it makes sense to pick a day to deal capped at a certain amount to ensure the cost stays within the range you want it. To pitch this correctly, you need to understand what uses data; obviously, calls and texts do not, unless you are using iMessage over the Internet to communicate with other Apple devices.
Data is used for processes like sending and receiving email, GPS tracking, apps, and streaming music or films that are not stored on the device but being pulled from the Internet. It is only used when you do not have access to a WiFi connection, so if you are at home connected to WiFi or in work and allowed to use WiFi, then your data is not being used. If your handset has a 4G or 5G icon on the front screen, you will be using data, so consider how often that happens before deciding what you will need.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Cheapest Deals
So when it comes to getting the cheapest deal, you are actually looking for something that suits your needs rather than just the lowest figure you can find. If you do not have enough in the way of allowances, you will always pay extra at the end of the month. This is a highly competitive industry, so there are plenty of ways you can augment a deal to get more for your money. Networks are continually looking to entice new customers to them rather than their competitors and are generous with their gifts and extras.
The contract length is one thing to consider; generally, a standard contract is two years, but you cannot for 12 months in which case your payments would be slightly higher or 36 months in which case they would be lower. Of course, you need to remember that time yourself in for three years is a commitment, and you would have to pay the monthly figure regardless of how you use your phone as contracts cannot be broken without a significant financial penalty.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Sim Free Deals
For customers who do not want a contract, you have the option to purchase the handset on a Sim free basis. This means you are getting just the phone with no Sim card so will obviously need one for another source in order for the handset to work. This generally means you will be using a pay-as-you-go Sim card if you do not want to contract, and you just need to ensure that the handset is on the same network or on locked before you purchase it.
Sometimes customers purchases in 3-D when they have broken my phone, and it cannot be repaired, and they still have several months left on the contract. Again this needs to be the same network to be compatible all the handset needs to be unlocked. You will also be able to take advantage of other free gifts such as games consoles, wireless chargers, wearables and more and these are available to both Sim free deals and pay monthly deals.